Declaration of final dividend
The board has approved and declared a final ordinary dividend (ordinary dividend) and special dividend for the year ended 30 September 2020, as follows:
|Dividend||Gross amount||Withholding tax
|Ordinary||537 cents||20||429,60000 cents|
|Special||133 cents||20||106,40000 cents|
|Total||670 cents||20||536,00000 cents|
Payment of the special dividend is subject to South African Reserve Bank (SARB) approval.
In accordance with paragraphs 11.17 (a) (i) to (x) and 11.17 (c) of the JSE Listings Requirements the following additional information is disclosed:
- The total dividend has been declared out of income reserves
- The local dividends tax rate is 20% (twenty percent) effective 22 February 2017
- The gross total dividend amount of 670 cents per ordinary share will be paid to shareholders who are exempt from the Dividend Tax
- The net total dividend amount of 536,00000 cents per ordinary share will be paid to shareholders who are liable for the Dividends Tax
- Tiger Brands has 189 818 926 ordinary shares in issue (which includes 10 326 758 treasury shares)
- Tiger Brands Limited’s income tax reference number is 9325/110/71/7.
Shareholders are advised of the following dates in respect of the ordinary and special dividend:
|Declaration date||Friday, 20 November 2021|
|Finalisation announcement in respect of the special dividend, due to the receipt of SARB approval||Tuesday, 5 January 2021|
|Last day to trade cum the ordinary and special dividend||Tuesday, 12 January 2021|
|Shares commence trading ex the ordinary and special dividend||Wednesday, 13 January 2021|
|Record date to determine those shareholders entitled to the ordinary and special dividend||Friday, 15 January 2021|
|Payment date in respect of the ordinary and special dividend||Monday, 18 January 2021|
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or re-materialised between Wednesday, 13 January 2021 and Friday, 15 January 2021, both days inclusive.
By order of the board
19 November 2020